We went to college with Kameron and Jami Haban. They married a few months after we did. We were in the same ward as newlyweds. We went to get-togethers at each other's houses. Jami got me hooked on Modbe. They have a sweet little 2 year old boy, Kason. They were among the few that visited us in Silver City.
Kameron Haban went home to his Heavenly Father this week. He'd been fighting his Lupus in the ICU for a month. He will be sorely missed on this Earth. http://kamandjami.blogspot.com
One thing I will never forget about Kameron: he loved to cook and he was a great cook! Kameron taught me how to roll egg-rolls in our kitchen in college! He was such a nice guy - everyone loved him.
Oh one more good one. One year at EAC, Kam and his friends threw a "prom". They planned, decorated, paid for it - everything. Invitations, Dinner, Music, Dancing, The Works! Dave and I got all dressed up and had a great time and we'll never forget it. (and I wish I could find that picture!!!)
Jami is a great mother and woman. She now faces a lot of medical bills and funeral expenses, as if the grief of losing your husband isn't enough. A blog site has been set up for donations for the Haban family to help them at this time. http://habanfundraiser.blogspot.com There are so many ways to help Jami and little Kason. There is a Bank of America donation account, a paypal account, and of course, the power of prayer.
It's so sad to see friends go through this. But we know that the truth of the Gospel can lesson the pain for Kameron's family and friends.
Tell your hubby you love him and appreciate him today.
10 years ago
3 comments:
Susan - what sweet words!! Thank you.
I am going to print off your post with those memories of Kam.
Love you!
Susan- What a heartbreaking story! I cannot imagine having to go through something like that- losing your best friend and father of your child. I will pray for their family. It was comforting to read Jami's words on her blog and feel her strength and understanding of our Heavenly Fathers plan. Can you imagine going through something so tragic withOUT the knowledge that you will be together again? We are very blessed with the gospel.
That was a sweet post Sue! I was so sad to hear about Kameron. I totally read their blog. Jamie is AMAZING! I can't stop thinking about them! I didn't know Kameron very well, but oh that dinner he made was DE-LISH!!! I forgot that he taught us how to make egg rolls! Sweet Kameron! The Haban family has been in our prayers!
Post a Comment