Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Nutcracker

A neighbor told us that their dance studio needed extra dancers for their production of The Nutcracker ballet this year and asked if Caroline was interested. Um... YES!
So Caroline has been going to practices for a little over a month and has really enjoyed it. The performance was this weekend.

Here's our Heavenly Angel:
She was SO excited to wear make-up. She was probably just as excited for the make-up as the dancing!
Of course she made some friends at dance class. After our first night-time rehearsal where we sat around for hours waiting for her turn on stage, we got smart and started bringing crayons, coloring books, and board games to keep them entertained backstage!
It was great for Caroline to experience being on stage and taking some classes, but we also learned about the cost and time that can be poured into these kinds of things. So I'm glad she was able to do this temporary trial-run just for fun :)

3 comments:

Jim said...

Wish we could have been there. It looks like a great time and learning experience for Caroline. Loved the costume, so cute. Mom

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I agree with your mom- wish we could have seen her on stage! I loved the in-home studio we had on the other side of town, and just haven't brought myself to pay so much for a new class for our girl. The make-up is always a hit!

Lant Family said...

How fun! I am sure Caroline loved it!