I took Miles to the doctor yesterday for his 4-month check-up. He weighs a whopping 17lbs and 15 ounces! Caroline was 20 lbs when she turned one, and Miles is going to be there at 6 months I bet! The doc gave him some medicine for his poor unfortunate skin problems so hopefully that will help him out. Today at the library a man said that Miles looks about the same age as his son. He asked how old Miles was and I told him he was 4 months old. The man's eyes got big and said, "Oh! My boy is 8 months old! I thought he was big!"
It's true, Miles is one of the bigger babies I've seen and my back and arms are killing me, But we just love his chub! I call him my "squishy".
I read a statistic recently that said "33% of all 9-month old babies are considered obese." I thought, "Are you kidding me?" Can a 9 month old baby be considered obese? I mean, all they eat is strained fruits and veggies and they still can't walk yet! So it's not like they can do much about it! I think our society is just so obsessed with labels. Maybe I'm off here (must be because I have an obese 4 month old, right?) but I think it's called "baby fat" for a reason. A friend asked me if it offends me that people always comment on his size, and no, it doesn't. He's a baby and I'd be a lot more worried if I had a baby that people kept saying was too small. So we will just keep kissing those chubby, chubby cheeks because some day he will be a scrawny, ornery teenager and I will miss them!
8 comments:
I love having chunky squishy babes!
Chunky is the best! Mine isn't quite as squishy as yours, but I love it!
oh, I love that baby fat. keep those pictures coming. It's crazy how fast kids grow.
And obesity, really? That's a bit of a strong word for a baby.
Love and miss you guys all so much!
Well he sure is cute!
I am pretty sure he is one of the cutest babies of all time!! SERIOUSLY!!
I went back and looked at Gracin's 4 month stats and he was "Weight: 17 lbs 13 oz" And yes he was 20 lbs at 6 months--- no more infant carrier! But look at him now, pretty normal, not obese---not skinny either.
I went back and looked at Eli's stats at 4 months 17 lbs 10 oz. He was 28 in. At 14 months he was almost 28 lbs. Kiah just barely hit 20 at 1 year. They all slow down in the growth as they get more active. But we certainly stopped using the infant carrier much sooner with him. I think we put him in a regular carseat about that time. And I wore him a lot because it was easier for me.
I think Miles is so cute. I love seeing squishy babies.They make me smile, which is not a bad thing!
He is so dang cute! I love chunky babies!
I wish you lived closer so I could love on those cute cheeks. It will be a sad day when he isn't your chub-a-lub anymore. Enjoy it. :) And take it from a mommy who was just informed her little one has lost too much weight :( I'd MUCH preffer the kissable chubs than the worry about not enough. We miss and love you guys and can't wait to see you again! Take care of those kiddos and tell Dave hi from Jacob and I. Love Sherri
Post a Comment