Saturday, July 16, 2011

Grandparent's Visit & A Confession!

We were lucky enough to have a visit from Dave's parents last weekend. Caroline was SO excited and wanted to make a special cake to welcome them (and you know me, I can't say no to a baking request!)



The Nana, Grandpa and the kids before church on Sunday.



And now, for a big confession. Prepare yourself because I'm about to admit something that may make you think less of me:

This is our first-ever family-of-four picture!


I realized a couple of weeks ago that we did not have one single picture of the four of us together! Awful! I told Dave, "You know, if one of us dies tomorrow there is no evidence that our entire family was ever in the same room at the same time!"
We didn't get to have that first-meeting-in-the-hospital-room moment, which made me sad that I never got that picture. From then on, I have no excuse! Why have we not done this for four months?! Not even a quick snapshot! And as Dave says, "And this picture is the best we could come up with?" Yes, at the moment it was. But at least all four of us are in it!

7 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

too funny! What a cute picture of you guys too- now try to get family pics every chance you get. :)

Joy said...

I was expecting much more of a confession than that!! You should get that girl that took Caroline's pictures to take some of you guys!

Luna said...

at least you have it now! Life happens and sometimes things just don't happen. It is pretty obvious from your blog you guys are together a lot! So there is an implied picture in everyone's mind!

Jim said...

Can I get a copy for the wall? Love it and all of you. Mom

The Sullengers said...

We never got a hospital picture either! How fun to have visitors!

Emily said...

what a great photo of you guys!!

Dennis Martin said...

...and that cake was GREAT! Good job Caroline. You can come to my house anytime and bake a cake for me.