Thursday, October 21, 2010

What A Day!

Yesterday all three of us headed to the dr. for our Ultrasound! I was really so anxious to find out the gender. I love to plan clothes, names, etc. ahead of time. So we got in there and the sonographer asked Caroline if she was hoping for a brother or a sister and Caroline promptly said she wanted a sister. A few seconds later the sonographer said, "Well, Caroline are you dead-set on a sister?" and Dave and I got a little excited. She said "It's a Boy!" and Caroline smiled and hugged Dave and she hasn't seemed disappointed at all since. She's told everyone we see that it's a boy and she always has a smile on her face when she says it - so that's good! We're all very excited!
Well about 5 minutes after we got home from the doctor, Caroline and I were walking Archie and Caroline was balancing on a wood beam next to a chain-link fence and fell on it. She scraped a few good stripes on her side from her armpit to the bottom of her ribs and put a good hole in one spot too. There was lots of bleeding and tears and I took her right to Urgent Care. The poor kid just kept crying and saying "It hurts so bad." over and over. We gave her Tylenol and she kept saying that the medicine wasn't working. I told her it takes some time for the medicine to find her owie. I was sure she would need a Tetanus shot because the fence was old and rusty, but everyone I asked (and I asked 3 people!) said no. So they cleaned her up good, bandaged her side and gave her a sucker. On our way home she said, "Mommy, the medicine found my owie!" So she's doing fine, but it sure made for one memorable morning!

14 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for another boy in the family. Tell Caroline that we hope her owie feels better soon!

Lant Family said...

Congratulations on a BOY! How fun, I am glad Caroline is excited. I told Lucy she was going to have a brother and Lucy said No Caroline already told me she is having a sister. I explained that Caroline just wanted a sister and it is actually a Brother. So sad about her owie, hope it feels better soon!

Adrian said...

We are SOOOO excited for you guys! I'm glad Caroline is happy with the news of a brother! But poor girl, urgent care is no fun! Hope she gets better soon!

R and A Lambert said...

Yay for boys! I guess the practice with the two boys you babysit will pay off! Congrats!

The Sullengers said...

Well, it will definitely be a memorable day for two reasons! Congrats - that is so exciting! I'll bet Dave is excited to carry on his name :)

Luna said...

I am so glad Caroline is feeling better. Poor thing.

Yay for snips and snail and puppy dog tails!

Mayhem no longer said...

Yea for little boys! Hopefully, he'll keep his sister (and not so much his mom)on her toes! And hope your current baby isn't too sore tomorrow!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

So exciting! Those days are sure special... of course Caroline made it a little more memorable. I hope she is feeling better and the med keeps finding her cuts:)

Karen Scott Welker said...

So excited for a baby brother for C. Yay!!!

When Lucy gets an "owie" it is a major event. I tell her that her body is already sending million and millions of cells rushing to the owie to fix it. The problem is those cells are so teeny-tiny that it may take a little bit of time for them to do their job completely. When she is completely healed we celebrate her "amazing body" that fixed it all by itself. She is always amazed, and it is pretty amazing, actually. Give her kisses from Aunt Karen.

Pierce Family said...

A BOY!!!! Congrats you guys!

Brooke said...

YAY - So excited for you guys!

Jolene said...

That's so exciting! Boys sure are fun!

Joy said...

Ouch!! Give Caroline a hug for us! And congrats again on the boy!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

I didn't know you were pregnant...haven't gone blog surfing in a while :) Congrats!