We're having a baby!!!!
By March, 2011 we'll be a family of four! We're so excited - especially Caroline. She has been acutely aware the last year or so that all her friends have brothers and sisters, and she doesn't. I even heard her describe herself as an "only child" a couple of months ago! She has been asking for a loonnngg time for a baby sister and when we told her I was pregnant, we found her a few minutes later praying for a girl! Of course we don't know whether this baby is a boy or girl yet, but we know which way Caroline is leaning!
This has actually been a great lesson in prayer for our family. We've been praying for a baby to join our family for a while now, and we were so happy to be able to tell Caroline that Heavenly Father heard our prayers.
There will be 5 years and 4 months between Caroline and her sibling. The thought that there would be a big gap between my first two kids always bothered me, but I've also known that it's part of a plan. Dave and I also agreed that when you wait and work and want something so bad for a long time, it helps you appreciate the blessing that it truly is.
Also, we've started babysitting again. We consider it practice now! Three kids under five years and pregnant is sometimes a challenge, but I love all four of these kids and that seems to make all the difference.
PS - Caroline's T-Shirt is courtesy of Aunt Heather in Tucson, AZ. Caroline LOVES to get mail and was super excited about this! Thanks Aunt Heather!
10 years ago
21 comments:
We are SO excited for you! I think that is so cute Caroline was praying for a girl.
I can't tell you how happy I am for you! I can't wait for Caroline to be a big sister. She'll be fantastic! Congratulations!!!!!
That is the BEST news ever! Congrats to all of you, and I hope you're feeling good!!!
OH MY GOSH!! I'm SO happy for you that I'm tearing up!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Caroline going to be such a good big sister!! How fun! I'm lazy and don't want to count, so how far along are you? When will you find out what you're having??? So happy for your little family! Love you guys!
Wow I just heard the news earlier today!!! Congrats! I sure hope you are feeling okay and everything is going well:)
Best. News. Ever. Glad Caroline is praying for a girl (even though I'm hoping for a boy). Jenna now insists that we pray for you and your little baby each night. Yeah for Big Sisters! (happy she likes the shirt)
Yay! Congratulations! I hope you're feeling well and not too puky.
A HUGE congrats to you and your family!!! This is so great! YAY! I know your feelings exactly! And since I can relate, I feel SO much more excitement for people like you guys! Charlie and his sister are about 5 years apart and they are good friends. As far as our baby and Charles, they will be 4 years and 2 months apart. Not the norm for most people we know- but I believe, like you, that Heavenly Father's plan is perfect for each one of us.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that is so exciting...congrats! she'll make a terrific big sister for sure!
We are so happy and excited for you! Love you all
I seriously can't tell you enough how excited I am for you! I've been thinking about you since Tuesday and I just smile thinking about it! Yay for you guys - you deserve it!
Susan I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to tell Garet. That's the best news I've heard all week. Caroline is going to be a great big sister and so so helpful. How fun. Hope all is well and that your feeling good. Love ya!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called Jake right away at work. We are so excited for your family. Love you guys!!!
This is GREAT news!!!! We are so happy for you guys. Caroline will make such a great big sister.
Oh I wanted to say, my youngest sister and brother are 5 yeas apart and are better friends than any of the rest of us!
Okay so I'm crying reading this post. We've been praying for you guys for so long and I can't tell you how happy I am for you. March 2011 is a great time.:)
Congrats!!! :) we are so happy for you guys!! Caroline will be an awesome big sister!!
My brother and I are 5 years apart. I remember it so well. It was so exciting to me. I loved every minute of it. My parents even let me pick out his middle name. My mom let me help a lot. Or at least let me think I was helping a lot! Ha!
I jumped and yelled and hoot and hollered when I heard this good news! You are an amazing mother and we are simply thrilled for your new addition! Love that Caroline beleives in the power of prayer and went right to work asking for a girl :)
Congratulations! That is so exciting! We are also going through the same situations! We've been trying for over a year! It wasn't part of our plan either, so we'll see when it will happen for us too!
Congratulations! We're so excited for you! You're in our prayers that all goes well and Mom and Baby are both healthy and happy in March! It looks like I'm about 4 weeks ahead of you, so if you ever need anyone to commiserate with . . . let me know. :-P My daughter is praying for a girl, too. I'm just praying for a baby, at this point! Congrats again!
Post a Comment