Something that has been really fun for us this summer has been a sprinkler park that our friend discovered a few months ago. It's not as big or fancy as the other one we've been to, but it's about half the drive!
We've been several times this summer and Caroline loves it. We went yesterday and were the only ones there! Which I think is great, but Caroline is usually disappointed if there's no "big kids" to play with.
The other great thing about it is there's a huge playground next to it, that's shaded! Why aren't there more playgrounds with SHADE?!!
We usually bring a picnic lunch and spend a couple of hours going back and forth between sprinklers and park.
I used to lament the fact that Caroline had a late-fall birthday and would have to wait another year to go to kindergarten - especially since she's already so big for her age. But now that all her five-year-old friends are in school, I'm SO glad I have another year at home with her!!! I think things have worked out just fine, and even though she might look like a giant next year compared to her other fellow kindergarteners, I know she'll be ready AND I know I'll be ready too!
2 comments:
How fun! That really is a great park, we love the playground and the sprinkler park. We hope to get back this week before they turn the water off. You and Caroline will have a fun year together!
I love the sprinkler park! Caroline is a sweet girl and will outsmart all her fellow students next year and will be a straight A student :)
Post a Comment