Thursday, June 17, 2010

Speckled Frogs

Every now and then, Dave finds some treasures at work. Shelves, Books, Tools, etc. But a while ago he brought home something different. (A preface: my camera and I are not friends right now. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I apologize for the poor picture quality)

FROGS!

He said in front of a house they were working on, there was a whole bunch of tiny frogs in the yard. So he scooped some up and put them in a bucket to take home to Caroline!


Did I mention they were tiny?!

Caroline was over the moon and we played with them for about an hour. (and then scrubbed our hands really really well!)


Sometime during the fun I realized that with 2 cats and a dog, the frogs were not safe in our house or yard. (Side note: our cats have taken to hunting lately and have caught lizards, birds, and snakes and presented them to us as gifts. I'm not a big fan of their gifts.)
So we took the little frogs over to Caroline's friend, Graham's house. (they don't have any predator pets) Graham was more than happy to frog-sit for us!

7 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

OH my gosh they are so cute!! What a nice daddy to grab them for her. We have one of those frog catching daddies too:)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Oh, and gross about your hunting cats! Zelda isn't allowed outside. THANKS GOODNESS. I don't think I could handle a snake as a present.

Karen Scott Welker said...

They're tiny, but if they're like Texas frogs, they're LOUD! I couldn't believe how noisy itty bitty frogs could be.

(Oh, and thanks, Sue. Now I have that song in my head... "sitting on a speckled log, eating the most delicious bug- YUM YUM!")

The Sullengers said...

Those frogs are as adorable as frogs come :) I'm sure Graham is LOVING them!

Margaret Pratt said...

What cute little frogs and a very thoughtful present to bring home! It sounds like you found the perfect babysitter too!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

What a cool dad. How fun.

Sherri Romney said...

O they're cute!