Friday, June 4, 2010

Before and Afters

We've been spending our Saturdays around here doing some fixin' and organizin' the homestead!
Actually, one of my Personal Progress projects for Young Women's was to clean out, organize, label and fix shelves in our storage unit.
I'm a little embarrased to share these photos, but I am very satisfied with the results and felt I needed to have proof for my personal progress project!

Before:


Sad huh? It was my goal to clean it out enough that we could wheel Caroline's bike in and out of it.
Can you tell my husband is a Fix-It Man?


After:

Floor Space!!! WooHoo!!!


All labeled and everything! It felt so good to go through everything and get rid of and organize so much. I feel like if we had to move tomorrow, I could just load the boxes right on the truck in an hour and be done!
This next project was more of Dave's baby. I helped a little, but he's been working on it for a few weekends.
This shed in our backyard was an eyesore from the first day we moved in.
Before:
And after a lot of hot hours in the sun:

Yay! We don't have to be embarrased to let people in our backyard anymore!

14 comments:

Lant Family said...

way to go both of you! I bet if feels so nice to have those 2 projects done. They look great.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Awesome job! They both look great! We could use your motivation around here... :)

The Martin Family said...

Good job, I love organizing things. Your young women will be so proud.

David, awesome job on the shed, it looks brand new.

Margaret Pratt said...

Nice work! It looks fantastic! You can go outside anytime you want open the doors take a look inside and feel great about what you accomplished! How do I make that happen at my house exactly???

Karen Scott Welker said...

Yowza! I love the feeling of opening the door of a newly organized room. Of course, I don't have that feeling in any room of my house right now. But I have plans...

Jim said...

Looks great-both projects. So, what is on tap now? Love those goals, we get so much more done. Love and miss you all. Mom

Garet and Amanda said...

Your organization skills are great. I really need to do some of that. And Dave's shed looks awesome. Good job.

The Sullengers said...

I love before and afters and those were HUGE projects. Great job! I bet it feels like such a relief!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

I am so impressed! You guys did awesome. Brent thought you replaced your shed instead of fixed it. He is impressed too.

Brooke said...

very impressive!

Chandra said...

WOW!!!! IT LOOKS FANTASTIC...WHAT A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT! GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!

Alayna said...

A good makeover makes me plain giddy! Personal progress never looked so good.

Dennis Martin said...

You are GOOD! Come to our house for a visit and I'll let you work on my shop...it neads some serious help.

Sherri Romney said...

That looks fantastic. Really. Great. Makes me want to start another project....hmmmmm.....maybe on to Jacobs old dresser?? :)