Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cowgirl

Last week a real cowboy came to story time at the library and did some roping tricks for the kids. It was really cool! He could rope a kid's foot while they were walking! He brought his saddle for the kids to try out -



Afterward he let them try the ropes and equipment and Caroline loved it. The boys I sit for had mixed reactions - the older boy squeeled with glee every time the cowboy roped something, but the younger one cried every time! It was kind of funny.



On a completely unrelated story -
I made Caroline and I matching spring skirts. I think they turned out pretty cute - they remind us of the play clothes Maria made for the VanTrapp children out of drapes in "The Sound of Music"! Right?!

11 comments:

Candace said...

Super cute skirts! It does remind of Maria's play clothes!

Lant Family said...

Your skirts are supper cute! I love that you guys do all the fun things at the library! I wish Lucy would find joy in storytime. She just wont sit still!

Jen Ketcher said...

Great job on the skirts! They turned out really nice.

Sherri Romney said...

Love the cowgirl pics and LOVE the matching skirts! You are pretty much the best mom ever.

Chandra said...

OH I LOVE THE SKIRTS!!!! your right about the sound of music skirts...looks just like them!

Karen Scott Welker said...

One of my first projects after we're unpacked (moving day- 6 weeks away!) is to make some new Sunday clothes for all the Welker girls. I'd love to have matching duds for all of us. Great inspiration.

Joy said...

Now she needs some cowgirl boots! Cute skirts:)

Alayna said...

The skirts turned out really great! I saw Caroline pointing out the skirts' finer points to her classmates in Sunbeams. You could tell she felt really special in it.

The Sullengers said...

I still need to make it to storytime - they sound so fun! And I love the skirts - way impressed!

Garet and Amanda said...

your skirts are cute! Good job. they do remind me of Maria's play clothes. How fun!

Margaret Pratt said...

Your skirts are so pretty! I love the matchy matchy thing! Fun story time too!