Thursday, March 4, 2010

Temple Day

Caroline had a rough morning this week when a dumb bell landed on her finger. It turned purple instantly and the tears didn't stop for a long time. These pictures were taken the next day.

I hope it doesn't fall off! Her finger is fine, but it was a pretty sad morning.


Thankfully the next day we got to go to the temple to lift our spirits! Our Stake is awesome and has a Relief Society Temple Day every few months where they provide a nursery and a lunch afterward.

So Caroline had fun with her friends across the street at the Stake Center while I did a session and had lunch with friends! What's better?
Afterward we took some pictures around the temple. Unfortunately, considering the weather, the landscaping wasn't very pretty and with the small temples there isn't much as far as grounds in the first place. But the temple itself is always pretty!

5 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

That poor finger! (How do you keep her nails so clean?!)

I love the idea of a temple day. My kids are older now and they can babysit themselves (sort of). It was so hard to get to the temple when they were smaller and I think that's who needs to go- young mothers!

Brooke said...

I love her expressions, have I said that lately? What a great temple day! and you're right - even if they are small temples and not the best weather, there is something about pictures at the temple just makes for a great location/photo-op

Sherri Romney said...

Finger injuries are the WORST. I even cry forever when they happen and her poor little finger is DARK purple...poor thing.

The temple looks beautiful. Fun!

Chandra said...

I'm glad you got to go to the temple! That's such a huge blessing that they have babysitting! Wish they had that here!
Poor Caroline! I hope her finger is ok! she's such a trooper!

Brad Martin said...

hey atleast it wasn't her tooth that turned purple like dave's did! haha. and that first pic of her making the face is totally dave.