Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lately...

We've been a bit busier around here lately.

I've started watching 2 little boys who come over every weekday 3-6 hours a day.


It's been busy, but good! No tantrums yet and the only hole in the wall was put there by me. On accident, I swear.






Caroline teeters back and forth between feelings of gratitude that she has someone to play with and indignant resentment that other kids are playing with her things, eating at her table, and well, looking at her. What can I say, she's a girl.



I recently bought some playground sand and put it in a big under-bed storage box for a little sand box. Caroline absolutely loves it and could spend hours out there with it if I let her.



I bury little toys in it and they have to dig them up. It's a hit!


Honestly, I was pretty nervous about taking on two more kids (not to mention: boys!) but they are good kids and we hit it off pretty early. I'm still trying to figure some things out like how to do visiting teaching, go on outings, or get them all down for naps or quiet time. But I'm sure as soon as I do, something else will change!

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

We use to have a sand tub and Lucy loved it! I still have another bag of sand, I should buy another tub! I am glad to hear that things are going ok with all the kids at the house. I am sure you are doing awesome.

Joy said...

Good luck! Glad things are going well...

Jim said...

Can't believe how long Caroline's hair is! Just noticed in these latest pictures, she looks so grown up. Tell her to slow down at least until Grandma can see her again. We miss you all so much! Love ya.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

such fun! I totally know what you mean about figuring out how to do things with extra kiddo's around. Last year, when I had Ella and Noelle, it was a big adjustment, but super fun too. You'll figure it out- promise! I might just steal your sandbox idea :)

Chandra said...

Sounds very fun and busy for you. I'm sure Caroline is loving it most days. Miss you guys! My dad built the kids a sandbox....it's an absolute!!!

Karen Scott Welker said...

Mom was berating me for not blogging in a while. Then she said, "Well, Susan hasn't either lately." Does this mean it's my turn? Ugh.

Day care is hard stuff, girl. Looks like you're doing a bang up job. Hang in there.

Brooke said...

I'm sure those little boys love playing at your house. you are an amazing woman Sue!

The Sullengers said...

It looks like you are having a blast! I love the sand idea - I will have to put it in memory for later!