We woke up this morning to hearing happy squeels from Caroline. She burst in our room and said that it had snowed. I didn't remember hearing that it was supposed to snow overnight, but sure enough - about 4"!
It was a really great morning. Dave delayed work a few hours and we played and played! The weather was just perfect - no wind, no falling snow, not too cold - just a crisp, clear snow covered morning!
And the snow was perfect too. It was soft and powdery and packed nicely.
In fact, the snow was so nice that we were finally able to make a successful snowman! A family first for us! Before they always looked like little snow pyramids.
Caroline named him "Charlie"
Making snow angels
We noticed our snowballs stuck to whatever we threw them on, so we made snow wall art!
Dave created our snow dog in the front yard.
(DumDum eyes and Hershey kiss nose in case you were wondering)
After playing and hot chocolate, Dave had to go to work :( He was a little bummed, but he said he didn't have much work to do, so Caroline and I went with him! We went to two houses that he had to install some lights in. Caroline and I picked up trash and tested outlets and for our hard work, Dave took us out to lunch at Neely's BBQ - yum! Around lunch time the weather turned rainy and yucky so we've spent the rest of the afternoon at home making cookies. Great Day!
9 comments:
So fun! I don't think I have ever made a 'real' snowman... maybe some day... LOVE the snow dog- I think he's my favorite. :)
sounds like a great day! Yum home made cookies--sounds like a perfect treat.
What a great day! I love that all of you went to "help" Dave work. What fantastic memories.
you guys are so fun - and that kind of snow on that kind of day is the best. Kudos to you all for making the most of it!
I love the snow art and puppy! So creative! How did the cookies turn out? I made some over the weekend and I've eaten way to many!!! :)
I wish I was a part of your family after that post. It looks like you guys had a great day full of memories. Apparently, Morgan wishes she was too because she is her crib, supposed to be asleep, and yelling Yo Yo over and over.
I just am completely jealous of your day! I want to do all of that too! What a cute sweet family.
That's the perfect amount of snow - not too much! Love the snowman, the snowdog and the snow art!!
What a fun day! I love the days that Greg can stay home and play. Your pictures almost make me wish we had snow.
Post a Comment