Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One more can't hurt...



I know you probably think we're crazy. 2 Cats and a dog? But please, look at his wittle face!




We adopted a 5 week old kitten from the animal shelter on Saturday. I've been telling Dave "No,no,no" to getting another cat, but I just couldn't break his poor heart - He was smitten at first sight. (note to self: no more Saturday family outings to the animal shelter)







He has yet to be named. Dave and I never agree on boy names (so it's a good thing Caroline is a girl or we'd probably still be calling her "baby") So we've just been calling him "Kitten". Any suggestions?

Caroline carries him around all day. Between she and Dave he rarely has to use his legs. In this picture she's cradeling him like a baby and singing to him!





He's gotten more playful and it's pretty funny to watch him around the house. He and Archie play together which is super cute, but Sophie-Cat is... less welcoming.

I've actually been "nesting" since we brought Kitten home! I can't seem to stop cleaning this week. Vacuuming, dusting, organizing. I mean, I shampooed our couches, people.

He certainly has brought some joy and love into the house. He's cuddly and soft and sweet and has filled a little void. But hear me now, no more pets!

...unless we decide we need another puppy to even the score.

5 comments:

Lant Family said...

uh-oh are you going to be a crazy cat lady :)

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I love kittens! Well, other peoples kittens, but still- soooo cute! If you run out of stuff to clean at your place, drop by our house- PLENTY for you to clean up :)

Brooke said...

I need to tell you about the kitten at my friend's house in Kentucky. My kids have never been pet-lovers, and that's putting it mildly, but they both fell in LOVE with this kitten and it was so fun to see them with it. It's made Joe and I re-visit the pet discussion yet again... but by pet I mean dog, there's no way he'd go for a cat (because unfortunately, that's what those cute cuddly kittens grow up to be). Enjoy your new family member!

heather said...

You are such a softy. Hey I made our blog private, send me your e-mail so I can send you an invite. hhnfres@hotmail.com.

The Sullengers said...

What a cute kiddy! Don't ask me for name suggestions - our cat's name is "chunky" ;) I'm sure you will think of a good one!