Sunday, September 6, 2009

Old Fashioned Block Party

This weekend we had a neighborhood block party! Since we live on a cove (we call 'em cul-de-sacs back West) We all just set up tables and chairs at the end of our street and had a grand ole time!

Caroline loves living near other kids. She plays with these boys every day!



We had smoked bbq, hotdogs, potato salad, and all that good stuff. Caroline's favorite part was probably that she had free access to the soda box! She had probably about 3 cans! (I can't say I blame her, it was pretty hot!)




It was a great chance to hang out with neighbors, and meet some we hadn't met yet. We have several neighbors that have lived here since these houses were built. Their children and grandchild came to the party on the street where they grew up and had a little reunion of their own - which I think is pretty neat.
It's nice to have nice neighbors that will watch your dog when you're out of town, loan you milk or eggs when you bake, and just hang outside and talk with! It reminded us a little of when we'd get together with our friends at our apartment complex in New Mexico. You can't really choose your neighbors, so when you live next to people that don't absolutely drive you crazy, it's a blessing!

8 comments:

The Sullengers said...

That is nice of the neighbors! I haven't gotten to know very many of ours. Looks like fun.

Karen Scott Welker said...

That looks like such fun. What a great idea.

Brent & Paij Collins said...

That seems pretty cool. I think I would have to pick and choose which neighbors I wanted to do that with.

Sherri Romney said...

Hehe looks like fun! I suddenly feel like eating a hotdog...hmmmmm

Brooke said...

I agree, you can't choose your neighbors, so when you have good ones it's a real blessing. Looks like one more reason ya'll picked a good house to live in!

Alayna said...

I have to echo your sentiments about our collective little neighborhood. I love our neighbors! We feel so incredibly lucky to have them.

Chandra said...

Sounds really fun....boy is Caroline getting big....miss you guys!

Patty said...

Dave and Susan - love your blog! Caroline is soooo cute! The block party looks fun, however, the photo with the fan outside is interesting!