Friday, February 3, 2012

Star Student

Caroline was the "Star Student" this week in her kindergarten class! Every week a student is picked at random to be the star student which means they get to be line leader and teacher's helper. Each day of the week they get to do something special. On Monday, she got to bring in a poster all about herself. She and Dave worked on making it very sparkley!
On Tuesday, she got to bring her favorite book, which was "My Lucky Day" by Keiko Kasza and on Wednesday she got to bring a toy. On Thursday, I got to come and read to the class:
It was so fun! The kids were so good, laughed at all the right places, and made me feel like a celebrity :) We handed out treats and I had lunch in the cafeteria.
Caroline has been looking forward to this all year-long and she said it was just as great as she hoped it would be!

3 comments:

alyssa said...

Caroline is so cute! What a fun week for her!

Lant Family said...

I love it, isn't it so great when such little things mean so much! I love her poster!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I love these parts of school- where one kid gets to be the star. Caroline deserves it and I'm sure everyone thought it was perfectly glittery.