Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fun Times

We've been having some great weather here lately. A couple of weeks ago, we decided to go to downtown Memphis. We had a picnic lunch by the Mississippi River and flew some kites.

Then we had a great time strolling down Beale St. - which we haven't done in a long while.
We bought Caroline this fan at A Schwab, and she had it in front of her face for the rest of the day! Miles loved all the live music. We got a video of him groovin' to the blues. He even got a shout-out from one of the singers which was pretty fun!
Caroline and The King (and the fan)
My Sweethearts ( and the fan)
This photo is unrelated - I just wanted to post a picture of the bowtie/suspenders onesie I made for Miles. I'm glad I snapped this picture real quick before church, because shortly thereafter it started to fall apart. So much for my sewing skills!
Last weekend we had a great ward activity (no really, it was actually a fun ward party - they exist!) Caroline (and I) made a caramel apple crisp pie for the pie contest.
They had outdoor movies, BBQ, a cotton candy machine and a bonfire. You could tell who had cotton candy because they had blue mouths. Including Miles, who thought it was the best stuff ever!


I love Autumn, I wish it lasted longer!

5 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

looks like fun- love the fan too :)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

That fan is cracking me up! We never even went to Beal street, sounds like a fun day.

Lant Family said...

I love the fall as well, it is probably one of my favorite seasons down here because the humidity is gone and it is still so warm. Way to pack in some family fun. I love getting out as a family.

The Sullengers said...

looks like a fun outing - love the fan - her poses crack me up

Jim said...

Loved all the pictures, and am interested in that pie recipe. How did it turn out. Love, Mom