Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Crawling

With a mixture of pride and dread, I can say we officially have ourselves a crawler!


This means lots of floor cleaning and baby-proofing. But look how happy and proud he is!
The weather is turning colder here, so sadly, our baby will start having to wear clothes around the house.
Thankfully, Miles did not get the stomach flu that the rest of us got yesterday. We're thinking that it must have been some kind of food poisoning because only Dave, Caroline, and I got it, and it was BAD. I threw up more in one day than I did in my entire pregnancy. It's so not fair to be sick when you're a mom. I felt so bad - I just didn't have the strength/energy to give him the attention he's accustomed to. Usually I stand in front of his crib and sway with him for a few minutes to put him to sleep, but yesterday I just couldn't. So there was lots of crying on top of the rest of us moaning in misery. It was one rough day, but it didn't last long and here we are the next day, quite recovered. We had our home teachers come give us blessings and another kind friend brought us sick-day essentials (saltines, sprite, coloring books, etc). Maybe sometimes you need to have a sick day to remind you of just how blessed you are to have your health the other 364 days of the year.

3 comments:

Jim said...

So glad you are feeling better and I agree, I take good health for granted all the time. Miles is adorable, miss that kid and all of you. Love, Mom

The Sullengers said...

Seriously, moms especially should never get sick! Glad you are better! And Miles is so cute! I love that you mentioned he needs to start wearing clothes, so funny!

Brooke said...

I love when you can tell by their expressions how proud of themselves they must feel. so cute