Sunday, April 19, 2009

Build-A-Bear! Woo Hoo!

While we were in Texas, we were able to go to my niece, Lucy's, birthday party at:

Build-A-Bear!!!

This was Caroline's first Build-A-Bear experience and it was definately a big hit!

Here are the girls anxiously waiting to pick out their animals. Don't be fooled by Caroline's reverent pose - she was ALL over the place! We constantly had to wrangle her back to the group, because she was SO excited!


The happy Birthday Girl!


If you've never been, Build-A-Bear is a pretty cool place. They picked out a bear (or bunny or sheep or unicorn - they have everything!) then they each got a little red heart to make a wish and kiss and put inside their bear. They stuffed their bears, and washed their bears, and clothed their bears, and named their bears and even got a "birth certificate" for them!


This is one happy customer!
Caroline named her bear "Coco" and she loves him!

Since Caroline has turned 3, she has been to several birthday parties and I've learned a few things. I always thought that parties at home were the least expensive and therefore the more practical choice. But now that I'm a mommy of a toddler and have both been to and given birthday parties of all kinds, I think I've changed my position! A good home birthday party for several young children requires A LOT of planning and preparation and money too. I'm more than willing to pay someone else to plan, set-up, entertain, and clean-up for a kid's party!

6 comments:

Luna said...

I am with you in many ways on the party front. I have been thinking of taking the kiddos to build a bear. Maybe now I will.

Grandpa M. said...

What a great picture of Caroline with the bear box in her hand. You need to send me a copy. "Little Caroline" is growing up very quickly. We really enjoyed seeing her last month.

Brooke said...

love her pose!

Sherri Romney said...

SO cute! She looks like she had a blast.

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

We've never been to Build-a-Bear. Looks like fun! Callie's been talking about Caroline since Jo's party. "Remember when I played with that girl who came to my birthday party? That was so fun!"

Courtney White said...

We took Livvy to Build a Bear for her third birthday. We made the mistake of going on a Saturday afternoon- it was packed! Totally fun place!